Tuesday, July 10, 2012

19TH FOR BLAKE KOCH AT DAYTONA IN SILVER SAVER NO. 82


Blake Koch was all smiles on Friday, July 6, 2012 after the conclusion of the Subway Jalapeno 250 at Daytona. 

Koch ran in the top-15 for much of the second half of the race at his home track, keeping his nose clean and waiting to make his move at the end.  When the dust settled on a wild green-white-checkered finish, Blake’s Silver Saver/Salt Life No. 82 recorded a 19th place result.

“I am so appreciative of my sponsors this weekend and my team.  Everyone worked so hard and just to finish Daytona on the lead lap is a successful weekend,” explained Koch. 

After starting 31st, Koch ran an excellent race, avoiding the many on track skirmishes and keeping his car intact for the final run to the finish.  Running 10th with only a few laps to go, Blake was in position to earn his first career top-10 finish. 

“I made a few mistakes trying to better my track position late in the race but I will take a top-20.  I am not too sure when the next time I will be back on the track, but when I do, I will be ready.”

Blake’s 19th place run at Daytona Friday night marked the 11th top-20 run of his NASCAR Nationwide Series career.  It was also his 24th, top-25 finish. 

Fans can keep up with Blake on his website at www.blakekoch.com or on twitter @blakekochracing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus