Thursday, October 20, 2011

Snook Fishing



originally posted 8/1/2011



I went snook and red fishing on back to back days last weekend. The snook fishing was great! The snook were biting real good before the sun came up. We had more snook jump and shake the hook than we landed but we still did great.






The next day when we went red fishing and ended up with about 15-18 reds. Around half of them were in the slot with the other half being undersized. After the tide turned and the red fish bite slowed down so I told John I wanted to take a short run to a rock pile I had in 15 feet to see if we could get some gags for fun on the C&H alien jigs. We got plenty of short gags but a nice surprise was I caught a keeper red grouper in only 15 feet of water. That was completely unexpected.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus